Saturday, March 29, 2008

Set up like a sucker!



So the other day I was talking to my wife, typical conversation about whatever ( i know typical man that really doesn't even know what the conversation was about, and I didn't lock it away in my memory as one of those most important things to always remember!). As much as I like to think I am an anomaly and can do more than one thing at the same time, sometimes my guard is down and Monica springs a sneak attack!!!!

This was one of those moments.

Again not being able to recall the actual conversation may take away from the post, but I don't really care because I need to throw this out there so all men know they are not alone. My loving wife had said something about herself that was a little negative. ( I know never agree with these statements however, it wasn't a comment that set off the def con 5 alarm, like "do I look fat", "do these jeans make my butt look big", you all know what I am talking about). So she got a comment in under the radar, and I, (also watching t.v. at this moment, Remember, inherently I am still only a man) agreed with her. Hook, line, and sinker...... (SON-of-a-BIT@#) She had me and it only took moments for those internal alarms to wake up out of that deep slumber.... too late..


Lucky for me it was a minor comment, however my wife has learned some sarcasm and teasing from me, and needless to say, I don't like when she has the upper hand. I believe with every fiber of my being that you damn women throw those slow pitches out there just to see what happens, and then use these situations to your advantage to get what you want... Not to say it isn't an impressive tactic, I just wish you would attempt such things without jingling those shinny keys as a distraction. Damn women!!

So to end this post I will quote Red Green and the Man's Prayer.

I am a man, but I can change, if I have to, I Guess"

late

P.S. Remember, I am the man of the house!!!!!!!!!!! At least while you are at the gym.....

I know my wife knows how much I love her, and we are so comfortable in our relationship that I have the freedom to blog such things without any type of repercussions.......


right babe?????...................


BABE???????!!!!!!!!

Dammit!!!!!!

6 comments:

B.P. said...

Buy her an iMac, that's 5 years of getting off the hook.

We men fall for this all the time, Senta likes to trap me as often as she can. She'll go as far as to call me at work and then I have the whole day to try to figure out what it was I agreed to or said.

Can't live without her though.

Salty Incisor said...

hmmm...I'd really like to know what you are talking about here. YOu are funny even when I don't know. I am drugged though.

Lance and Natalie said...

What was it that you agreed to?? Minor to you or to her? Haha...that's too funny, yup every girl does it, and I'm sure all men hate it. Lance always has this dazed, confused look on his face..."should I tell her the truth, ooooorrrrrr what she wants to hear"....keep blogging
Va-John-a, always a fun one to read.

spenceandcass said...

I love reading your blog Va-John-a! I always gets me laughing. I'm laughing because your story reminds me of what goes on in my house. Keep on bloggin John. You're good at it.

Anonymous said...

John I was SOOO happy to hear from you, I'm glad you thought it was funny :) your poor brother, that's the danger of being married to someone who might draw you at your weakest moment...

I want to know what you and Mon were talking about! This happens to us ALL the time, we've had totally serious conversations and he'll be agreeing with me, and then, its like amnesia he won't remember any of it.

spenceandcass said...

I don't mind a bit.....add me to your blog baby!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online